Pages

Friday 9 November 2007

BEING ‘MOM’


BEING ‘MOM’


“Show me the meaning of being lonely…” She could hear BSB from her kitchen. She smiled to herself. It was her son. ‘LONELINESS’- it was one thing that she has been trying to avoid, but it was becoming impossible. Truth was bitter. She had to face it. She was feeling lonely.

Gone are the days when going out for shopping or buying vegetables from market was fun. She had her cute little son by her side always excited and totally inquisitive. She enjoyed explaining things to him and took pride in being a mother, the most selfless thing in the world.

But now, things have changed. He hates it when she calls him cute.
“Mom! I’m not a kid anymore!”
“But to me you are always my cute little…”
“Mom…please! Give me a break”

Conversations usually end up like this. Sometimes it goes like this:
“ I still remember when you were a kid, we used to…”
Beep Beep. His mobile
“Mom I gotta go now…will be back in the evening”
There was nothing that she could do. All she needed was some time with her son. She was helpless.

“Tell me why I can’t be there where you are…” She heard her son singing.
If only he realizes that there is an old lady in his life who is still waiting for her cute little son to come back to her.

She heard him coming downstairs but before she could reach him she heard him say
“Mom…I’ll be late. Will be home for dinner…Byeee”
Before she could say anything, he raced away in his bike.
She stood at the gate holding his favorite dish that she had just prepared. She watched her cute little son moving away… and said to herself
“Miss you my son”

3 comments:

The Retardo Man said...

Wow! You just described my Mom...That was really wonderful...

Dreamer said...

Thanks :)

Unknown said...

ilaingaa... veetukula oru kilavi irukka veroru kumarikaaaga neram alipathu aeno!!!